Updated: Sep 27, 2021
In the interview that follows St. John Heath, an Accredited Family Law Specialist (Law Institute of Victoria) and Director of Tonkin Legal (a Family Law Firm based in Greensborough) discusses the crossover points between criminal and family law.
The topics covered in my chat with St. John include:
- An overview of the stages of Intervention Order proceedings in the Magistrates' Court
- Things to consider when contemplating the difficult decision as to whether to contest or consent to an Intervention Order.
- The impact a finding of family violence may have for family law and criminal law proceedings
- A discussion about how exceptions to an Intervention Order may allow for a continuation of child care arrangements.
- Duration of Intervention Order proceedings, particularly have regard to Interim Orders.
- Practical tips for enhancing prospects for resolving FV Intervention Orders where children are involved.